Digital Smile Design
Technology has helped improve many industries, and that includes the field of dentistry. With today’s modern technology and innovations, dental professionals have developed the most effective way to improve patients’ smiles: Digital Smile Design.
Digital Smile Design (DSD) was developed by Dr. Christian Coachman, a Brazilian dentist. Since its launch, the concept has improved along with the knowledge, tools, and software. Today, DSD is the most customer-centric approach to cosmetic dentistry. It promises outstanding results that can last a lifetime.
How Does DSD Work?
DSD is a technology-based approach to designing a patient’s smile. The process involves:
- Understanding what you want for your smile. What parts of your smile are you unhappy about? What do you want to improve? We will help you identify the perfect smile that you’re looking for.
- Taking photos of your facial features. We will take pictures of your teeth, gums, cheeks, and jawline to get the exact proportions and angles needed to create the perfect smile.
- Developing a 3D mockup. Using the latest software and digital technology, we will take your pictures and design a 3D mockup exploring the different ways that your smile can be improved. We will present the mockup for your review, and you can provide feedback on what you want to keep or change until we arrive at the most satisfactory design.
- Discussing the treatment plan. After the design has been finalised, we will discuss the entire course of treatment from start to finish. Patients should be comfortable and have consented to all procedures and the associated costs before proceeding with the treatment.
- Executing the plan and achieving results. Some dental procedures may need to be performed first before we can adjust your smile, such as deep cleaning, fillings, and extractions. After ensuring that your teeth are all clean and cavity-free, we can proceed with the restorations such as crowns, bridges, veneers, or dental implants. To top it off, we may also recommend teeth whitening. At the end of the treatment, we will send you off with a happy heart and gorgeous smile.
What are the Benefits of DSD?
Through DSD, patients are guaranteed the following benefits:
- Better design planning. You will be involved in the entire planning process, which enables you to make decisions while also allowing us to present the best options to improve your smile.
- Holistic approach. DSD covers not only cosmetic solutions but also addresses underlying issues that need to be dealt with beforehand. If you have dental problems that may affect your smile later on, we will treat them before you get your DSD. That way, your new smile will not only be beautiful but also long-lasting.
- Higher satisfaction. Being able to plan your smile from start to finish reduces the risk of making mistakes in the process. You are guaranteed that what you will get is precisely what you wanted and what we have planned with you before starting the treatment.
When Should I Get a DSD?
If you are unhappy with your current smile or have dental imperfections that you would like to improve, DSD is perfect for you. Regular cosmetic dentistry may work, but DSD has more promising results and higher satisfaction ratings. Not only that, using DSD makes the treatment plan more efficient and time-saving.
Find a DSD Dentist in Queensland
We are proud to say that My Family Dental is a DSD-trained dental facility. We have mastered the concept and use the latest tools and software to achieve the best results. We will help you get the smile that you have always wanted.
My Family Dental has six branches in Queensland, making us highly accessible to patients across the state. You can check out our locations and see which one is nearest to you. You can also use our online contact form if you have any questions about our services.